- Your Government
- Boards & Commissions
- Arts Commission
- 4 pm
- 2nd Thursday of every other month
- City Hall
865 SE Barrington Drive
Oak Harbor, WA 98277
To stay up-to-date with meeting dates and locations, view the Oak Harbor City Calendar.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The City Council finds that public artistic expressions of all kinds enhance the cultural, economic, educational and social life of the community and benefit the health and welfare of the city's residents. In its role as guardian of the health and welfare of the city, the city council finds it appropriate, necessary, and desirable to promote and support public experiences of the visual arts and other artistic disciplines for the good of the citizens of Oak Harbor - OHMC 2.29.005 (Ord. 1548 § 1, 2009; Ord. 1438 § 3, 2005)
An Arts Commission of the City of Oak Harbor, to be known as the Oak Harbor Arts Commission, is hereby established to serve as an advisory body to the mayor and Oak Harbor City Council. The Commission shall consist of seven members who shall serve without compensation - OHMC 2.29.010 (Ord. 1631 (PDF) §1, 2012; Ord. 1548 § 1, 2009; Ord. 1438 § 3, 2005).
2.29.020 Purpose & Functions of the Oak Harbor Arts Commission
The purpose of the Oak Harbor Arts Commission shall be to foster the creative arts in Oak Harbor. "Creative arts" shall include all forms of the visual and performing arts. The arts commission shall make recommendations to the mayor and City Council on activities, projects, and programs which the City should sponsor or undertake to promote the following aims:
- Foster arts and cultural programs for the enrichment of the City and its citizens
- Foster the development of a local arts community, encouraging an environment for the success of working individual artists
- Coordinate and strengthen new and existing art organizations and develop cooperation with regional entities
- Develop a program for public art, including identifying sources of funding
- Further the vision of Oak Harbor as a vibrant and progressive community
- Review this chapter and make recommendations for changes. (Ord. 1631 § 1, 2012; Ord. 1548 § 1, 2009; Ord. 1438 § 4, 2005)
View Artwork Around Oak Harbor
If you would like to view the artwork around Oak Harbor, access the Artwork Inventory List (PDF) which includes locations, artist info, and thumbnail photos.