Whidbey Island Info & Activities
Getting to Whidbey Island
- Whidbey Island is approximately 95 miles north of Seattle. From Everett, it is approximately 1 hour driving time to Oak Harbor.
- From Canada and points North – Take I-5 to the Anacortes exit. Proceed West on Highway 20 and follow signs to Oak Harbor.
- From Seattle and points South – Take I-5 North. You then have the option of taking the Mukilteo ferry (every 30 minutes) across to Whidbey Island and drive up to Oak Harbor (45 minutes) or continue North to the Anacortes exit. Proceed West on Highway 20 and follow the signs to Oak Harbor.
- Save Gas and Carpool – The Whidbey Island Marathon encourages participants to carpool to Whidbey Island for the event. Go to www.rideshareonline.com and create a posting if you have space in your car or see who might be able to give you a ride.
- Whidbey-SeaTac Shuttle – Provides the only fast, direct, and daily transportation service between all communities on Whidbey Island and Sea-Tac International Airport. www.seatacshuttle.com
- Washington State Ferries – Check the ferry schedule prior to race day. www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries
- Island County Transit System – Free transportation while staying on Whidbey Island. www.islandtransit.or
Reminder - Deception Pass Bridge will close to all vehicle traffic by 6:45 AM on Sunday so plan ahead to arrive at your event on time!
As the official host hotel of the Whidbey Island Marathon, the Best Western Plus is happy to offer participants a discounted room rate of $209 per night ($20 savings) while staying for the marathon. To receive your discount, please call the hotel directly at (360) 679-4567 and mention you’re staying for the “Whidbey Island Marathon”
Perks of staying at the Best Western