This federally and state funded project will improve pedestrian, bicycle, and transit access, reconstruct the road, improve drainage, and provide illumination. The project will occur on Northeast 7th Avenue between North Oak Harbor Street and State Route 20 (SR 20).
- Data collection will occur between February and April 2021: Surveying, wetland investigation, geotechnical investigation, and traffic data collection.
- The design effort will take place after data collection and in 2022 and 2023.
- Construction is anticipated to begin Spring 2024
- January 22, 2021: Web page created
- September 22, 2021: Update to City Council (PDF) to provide two options for the roadway layout. Option one includes a sidewalk and bike lanes. Option two consists of a shared-use path. City Council requested staff provide a modified option one with no landscape buffer between the road and the sidewalk.
- October 27, 2021: Update to City Council (PDF) from the City Engineer showing the modified option one with a sidewalk and bike lane. The new design offers the elimination of the three-foot (3') landscape strip and the addition of wider sidewalks. In addition, this revision includes sidewalks and bike lanes on both sides of the road.
Check back for updates.
Alex Warner, P.E., City Engineer
Email Alex Warner