- Your Government
- Human Resources
The Human Resources department is a cohesive, collaborative team dedicated to creating partnerships by supporting all programs and departments. We strive to support, guide and maintain requirements to create a healthy and positive work environment in order to assist staff in accomplishing individual program goals as well as overall organizational goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Oak Harbor fosters respect for all. The City believes the participation of men and women of diverse ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, and personalities will add to professional development and organizational success. All employees and potential employees will be recruited, selected, trained, promoted, compensated and, if necessary, disciplined or terminated without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, age, national origin, sexual orientation, color, creed, ancestry, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
The mission of the Human Resources Department is to support the City's goal of premier public service by nurturing an organizational culture with shared beliefs, values, and norms that lead to employee excellence. This culture, in turn, elicits a diverse and creative work environment which leads to superior performance through teamwork and employee recognition in a safe and productive work environment.
Human Resources provides expert support to the executive staff, managers, and employees in the following areas:
- Strategic human resource planning
- Organizational development
- Policy development and maintenance
- Recruitment and retention
- Compensation and classification
- Training and development
- Benefits administration
- Employee and Labor relations
- Performance management
- Civil Service program management
- Personnel records
- Workforce planning and development
- Administering Federal/State employment law
- Promoting communications and positive morale
- Promoting safety and wellness
- Risk management
- Workers Compensation claims management