If I find money or property and turn it into the police, can I later claim it?

Found property is retained for 60 days. When you turn in found property, you will need to fill out an Intent to Claim form. After 60 days, if the property is not claimed, you may contact the Police Department to claim the property. You will need to pay the City $10 (per RCW 63.21.030). After 90 days, you forfeit all rights to claim the property.

Show All Answers

1. Can I visit an inmate at the Jail?
2. Where can I find Collision Records / Reports?
3. Where can I find Criminal History / Background Checks?
4. Do you provide fingerprinting services?
5. Does the Police Department hold property auctions?
6. How can I get a copy of a Police or Accident report?
7. How can I get a Restraining Order?
8. How can I get an Anti-Harassment Order or Order for Protection?
9. How do I apply for a position at the Police Department?
10. How do I check for Registered Sex Offenders?
11. How do I report an abandoned vehicle?
12. How do I report illegal drug activity?
13. How do I submit feedback about the department?
14. I have a warrant for my arrest - how do I take care of it?
15. If I find money or property and turn it into the police, can I later claim it?
16. Is there a fee for Police or Accident reports?
17. What can I do about a Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) check I received?
18. What is your address?
19. What is your fax number?
20. What number do I call for a non-emergency situation?
21. When should I call 911?
22. Where can I get a child safety seat inspection?
23. Who do I call about barking dogs and other noise complaints?
24. Who do I contact when I have lost personal property?