What do I do if my sewer is backed up?

First call 360-279-4530 Public works wastewater will be notified. From there it will be determined whether the problem is the mainline or side-sewer. If the main sewer line is flowing fine the problem will be in the private sewer. "Private sewer" means a sewer and associated facilities connecting a "building drain" to a public main. A private sewer is primarily located on private property but also includes those portions of the line located in the public right-of-way. Private sewer begins at the connection to the building drain and ends at the connection to the public main. It is the responsibility of the property owner to maintain and keep repaired the private sewer whether on public easements, right-of-way or private property.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if my sewer is backed up?
2. How do I become a certified Wastewater Operator?
3. What does Oak Harbor plan on doing in the future with its biosolids?
4. What is an MBR plant?
5. Where is the new Wastewater Plant going to be built?
6. Why would we even consider building a new plant in Windjammer Park? Yuck!