Shipwreck Shores Splash Park
Shipwreck Shores Splash Park is an available water feature for the community next to the Lagoon in Windjammer Park. The Shipwreck Shores Splash Park and Lagoon do not have a lifeguard on duty. Therefore, the use of this Shipwreck Shores Splash Park is at the individual's risk.
1600 South Beeksma Drive
Oak Harbor, WA 98277
Hours of Operation
For the 2022 season, the Splash Park opens on May 27. The Shipwreck Shores Splash Park will be turned on every day between 10 am and 8 pm.
The Splash Park Hours through September 25 are:
- Monday - Friday between 3 and 8 pm
- Saturday and Sunday between 10 am and 8 pm
Turn on water by pressing touchpads to activate the flow of water. The Lazy River and Fountain feature will flow for three minutes every 15 minutes during the hours of operation.
Splash Park Rules
- Splash Park is unsupervised; children under 13 must have adult supervision
- No running or horseplay
- Swimming diapers or watertight pants are required for infants and toddlers (a diaper changing station is located in the restroom)
- Diapers may only be changed away from the splash park area
- People with infectious diseases or anyone who has been ill with vomiting or diarrhea within the past two weeks are not allowed
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs are prohibited
- Please do not climb, pull or hang on the equipment
- All other park rules apply
PLEASE KEEP THE FOLLOWING ITEMS OUTSIDE OF THE SPLASH PARK
- Food, drink, and glass containers
- Bikes, scooters, skateboards, and rollerblades
- Soap, shampoo, and detergent
- NO DOGS ALLOWED
No Dogs Allowed
Dogs are not allowed in Shipwreck Shores Splash Park per Oak Harbor Municipal Code 6.14.060, which states, "Animals at large unlawful. It is unlawful to allow or permit any animal to run at large in any park, enter any lake, pond, pool, fountain, or stream therein."
REFUSAL TO FOLLOW THE RULES
Anyone refusing to obey the Splash Park rules is subject to removal from the premises.
POTENTIAL REASONS FOR SHUTTING OFF
The Splash Park may be closed due to weather, maintenance, equipment repair, or water shortages.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
Additional updates and details will be shared on this page and the City's Facebook page.