Read more about testing and reporting your business/property's life safety protection system.
The City of Oak Harbor now uses the cloud based, Tegris Fire Inspection Service to track inspections of fire safety equipment, as required by the International Fire Code for commercial structures. The Tegris system automatically moves the inspection process between the property owner, inspection service provider, and Fire Code Official to keep all fire safety systems inspected and repaired in a timely manner.
Login to Tegris Fire, Inc.
The International Fire Code and related standards specify the confidence testing requirements for the fire protection systems listed below. Property owners, or their designee, are solely responsible for the timely testing of fire protection devices, correcting deficiencies, and reporting test results. Automatic courtesy notifications from Tegris Fire Inc. may be sent when systems are due for testing.
After the system is tested, the testing contractor will submit the results to Oak Harbor Fire Department (OHFD) using the Tegris Fire Inc. online reporting system. Any system deficiencies shall be reported and may require correction before the system is approved by the fire department.
Property Owner Benefits
- See the status of your fire and life safety systems online anywhere, anytime
- Receive email reminders for your inspections, testing, and maintenance that are sent to you and/or your property manager
- Privately, and securely, manage all your fire safety system data in your free account
- Search for inspection contractors in your area for your specific systems
- Get help preparing a bid request for your upcoming inspection
- Track all activities, events, and page views in your online Property Journal
- Communicate with your fire marshal and inspectors
Inspection Service Provider Benefits
- Improved workflow
- Online organization and storage
- Risk mitigation
- Customer relationship tools
- Payment protection
How Does This Relate to My Property's Annual Fire & Life Safety Inspection?
During an annual fire and life safety inspection, OHFD firefighters will verify that your fire protection systems are current with their required testing and inspections. Learn more about Fire and Life Safety Inspections.