- Your Government
- Boards & Commissions
- Park Board
- 10 am to 12 pm
- 2nd Monday of each month
- City Hall
865 SE Barrington Drive
Oak Harbor, WA 98277
To stay up-to-date with meeting dates and locations, view the Oak Harbor City Calendar.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Vision of the Oak Harbor Park Board is to engage in a meaningful partnership with the City of Oak Harbor Parks Division to develop and secure creative, sustainable additional resources for the future development and effective management of the natural, human and financial resources of the Parks Division.
The Mission of the Oak Harbor Park Board is to enhance the existing parks system in Oak Harbor by providing community leadership and developing a public culture of stewardship. We will plan with vision, imagination, and energy so that today's decisions and actions will assure the opportunities of future generations are as great as those enjoyed today.
- Assist in establishing a Parks Division "wish list" so that organizations and individuals may actively participate in the meaningful procurement of those items
- Act as a positive catalyst between the City of Oak Harbor, churches and schools, local, civic and service organizations, concerning the use and enhancement of our City parks
- Encourage the safety, maintenance, and appearance of our parks and facilities at the highest level of available resources
- Assist the Parks Division as they call upon us for specific tasks
- Inventory and identify needs within the community parks
- Develop relationships with community organizations to encourage them to adopt local parks for specific improvement goals
- Encourage community groups to take a more active role in the maintenance of our parks by establishing a scheduled program to further enhance the work being done by the Parks Division staff